It is natural for a company to want to veer forward in terms of technology, and E Ink subscribes to the idea as well as they are more than willing not to rest on their laurels. Word has it that E Ink’s future is a bright one according to what has been demonstrated in private – bear in mind that the prototypes produced by E Ink are ready to be rolled off the production line even at this moment, but there is the rather humongous issue of making sure there is a white knight around who is more than willing to fork out production costs for those prototypes.
First off, there is a SIRF display that is printed on cloth – a living billboard, anyone? This SIRF display cannot function as an e-reader display due to an extremely limited number of segments, but it can function as a sign that flashes on and off, making it more of a neon sign than anything else.
Apart from that, there is also an E Ink display on Tyvex cloth – this cloth is notorious for its difficulty in cutting or tearing, and more often than not is used as a form of insulation on houses and for shipping envelopes. Seems that a display like this would make for a great advertising outlet, don’t you think so?
The future does seem to bode well for E Ink with such innovative ideas, now if only someone was willing to take up the mantle and produce them.
Next Story: HP Veer 4G announced by AT&T
- 2013-12-02: E Ink Introduces Fina E-Reader
- 2013-09-05: E Ink And Their Carta Next-Gen Display Technology
- 2013-08-29: Comfort Cast Helps You Update Doctors, Facebook While Your Bones Heal
- 2013-06-27: British Airways Introduces Reusable E-Ink Luggage Tags
- 2013-02-28: E Ink Android Handset Gets 1-Week Battery Life
- 2011-06-27: Credit card gets E Ink display for safer online shopping experience
- 2011-02-16: Bookeen delivers video playback on E Ink Pearl display
- 2011-01-13: BAE Systems want to disguise tanks with E Ink
- 2010-11-10: PocketBook IQ and 602 Android-Powered Low Cost Tablets Now Shipping for U.S.
- 2010-11-17: Color E-Ink Tablet Shown Off at Berlin Exhibition