And let’s kick off our Monday morning with a fresh story from the iPhone 5 rumor mill. According to the folks at DigiTimes, Apple is said to be introducing a curved glass model for the next generation iPhone. Whether this pertains to the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 (or if the two phones are even the same thing) it is still uncertain, but Apple is reported to have purchased 200-300 glass cutting machines that will be used by glass makers. Apparently the cover glass makers weren’t too keen on purchasing the equipment because it cost too much, so Apple had to buy it for them instead.
If rumors turn out to be true, the next generation iPhone will be sporting sexy curves like the Nexus S or the iPod Nano; a huge departure from the four generations of flat screen iPhones that we’ve been having all this while. As usual, take these rumors with a pinch of salt, and nothing is set in stone until Apple says so. In the meantime, what do you think of a curved display for the next iPhone?
Next Story: Foxconn tragedy claims one more life
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05: iPhone 5 Experiment goes on
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-08-29: More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak
- 2011-08-26: iPhone 5 EVT Prototype back cover, audio and volume parts leaked