As part of a new advertising campaign by Vodafone, over 500 branded taxis are going to be equipped with mobile phone chargers. This means that folks on the go now have another source of power to charge their batteries just in case they’ll be out for the whole day. In addition to being able to charge their devices, taxi customers will also be able to pay for their fares in these taxis using a text message if they are Vodafone subscribers.
This service makes life so much more convenient for people who don’t like to carry a lot of cash around with them, not to mention, taxi drivers won’t have to deal with customers running away from paying the far after they stop to let them out at the ATM. Whether or not this move will encourage more users to pick up a Vodafone subscription is another question. Would you like the option to pay for your cab by sending a text message from your phone?
Next Story: Kinect and iPhone brought together to 3D shooter
- 2014-04-08 SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-03-26 Loopd, Hyper-Local Communication and Social CRM iPhone App
- 2014-03-18 Vodafone UK To Sell Gold Galaxy S5 Exclusively
- 2014-03-17 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile Revealed
- 2014-03-12 Vodafone Germany Begins To Introduce SIM Card Based Encryption
- 2014-02-23 Lenovo S860 Smartphone with Long Lasting Battery Life
- 2014-02-23 Lenovo S850 Slim All-Glass Smartphone
- 2014-02-04 Everything.me Moves Out Of Beta After 2M Downloads