The Samsung Infuse 4G that was unveiled earlier this year at CES 2011 has been officially announced today. Measuring only 8.99mm at its thinnest point, it’s the thinnest phone available in the country – at least until the 8.7mm Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc arrives on our shores.
But even though the phone cuts down in bulk, it isn’t cutting any corners when it comes to features. The phone will feature a 4.5″ Super AMOLED Plus display, a 1.2GHz processor, an 8megapixel rear camera, a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera, and HSPA+ 4G connectivity. It will be the phone with the largest screen on the market (with most phones capping at 4.3″) unless when put up against the 5″ Dell Streak tablet/phone.
The phone will unfortunately ship with Android 2.2 (hopefully Samsung is already working on 2.3 this very moment) and support for the Android market. The first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold will also include a $25 voucher for consumers to start enjoying videos on their huge screens. Angry Birds will also come preloaded with the device, inclusive of extra levels just for Infuse 4G users. The phone will go on sale May 15th for $199.99 with a 2-year contract on AT&T. Any takers?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2012-02-07 Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread update put on hold
- 2011-11-18 Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus clears the FCC, appears to head for AT&T
- 2011-08-14 Samsung Infuse 4G to get Gingerbread this month
- 2011-04-22 Samsung Infuse 4G coming to Walmart next month
- 2011-01-06 Samsung Infuse 4G headed to AT&T supporting HSPA+