It looks like RIM really is serious about getting apps out for their recently released tablet. The company has just announced the release of a new app for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Called BlackBerry News, it functions as its namesake – letting people access all their favorite news sites, blogs and popular sites that use syndicated content so that all subscribed content can be accessed in one place. As long as a site has an RSS feed – you can sync it with the BlackBerry News app.
For folks who are already BlackBerry News users – the app takes advantage of your BlackBerry ID, so you don’t have to re-add subscriptions again, just log in with the same ID and all your subscriptions will be automatically brought over and synced. First time users who have no idea what to subscribe to can check out some curated news feeds that are sorted in categories like: Arts & Entertainment, Business, Health & Lifestyle, News Headlines, Science & the Environment, Technology, and Travel.
Head over to the BlackBerry App World to download the app for your tablet now (free).
Next Story: Sprint 4G upload speed caps to increase tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-12-21: RIM now accepting Android app submissions from aggregator developers
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-10-24: BlackBerry PlayBook shown running Android apps
- 2011-08-03: BlackBerry PlayBook Android app compatibility arriving in fall?
- 2011-05-02: Facebook app for BlackBerry PlayBook announced