It looks like RIM really is serious about getting apps out for their recently released tablet. The company has just announced the release of a new app for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Called BlackBerry News, it functions as its namesake – letting people access all their favorite news sites, blogs and popular sites that use syndicated content so that all subscribed content can be accessed in one place. As long as a site has an RSS feed – you can sync it with the BlackBerry News app.
For folks who are already BlackBerry News users – the app takes advantage of your BlackBerry ID, so you don’t have to re-add subscriptions again, just log in with the same ID and all your subscriptions will be automatically brought over and synced. First time users who have no idea what to subscribe to can check out some curated news feeds that are sorted in categories like: Arts & Entertainment, Business, Health & Lifestyle, News Headlines, Science & the Environment, Technology, and Travel.
Head over to the BlackBerry App World to download the app for your tablet now (free).RELATED
- Vinci MV7 Tablet Targets The Whole Family
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Aldi Unveils Medion Lifetab Budget Tablet In The UK
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: app, blackberry, news, playbook, RIM, Tablet,
- Seen at: blogs.blackberry