Will there be a new iPhone? Yes. What will the new iPhone be called? Frankly, we don’t know. Could the iPhone 4S be just a hardware refresh of the current model, or could it be the iPhone 5 in disguise that is touted to come with the A5 processor that is found in the iPad 2? Only time will tell, but another investment research did cite their sources in Taiwan which point towards Apple’s fifth-generation iPhone which will arrive sometime in Q3, dubbing it the iPhone 4S. Guess that more or less confirms the earlier piece that we reported.
The new iPhone is said to go by the code name “N94″, with the presumed marketing name “iPhone 4S”. Guess this will end up being an evolutionary upgrade for the current iPhone instead of functioning as a redesign as with prior iPhone releases. There will also be no low-cost or affordable iPhone model in the immediate future, according to said source as well, so you can forget about that, too.
Apart from that, it is tipped that the first iPad 3 prototype is expected to roll out sometime early next year, but we think that if you really, absolutely need a tablet now, don’t play the waiting game with manufacturers. You’ll lose most of the time.
Next Story: Andy Pad tablets spotted recently
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2011-11-29: iPhone 4S priced like a boss
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-09-29: iPhone 5 cases for real in AT&T stores