One of the more notable news that concerns the upcoming Apple iPhone (let’s just call it the iPhone 5 for convenience’s sake) would be its September 2011 release date. That ought to get you to sit up and take notice, what with an A5 processor which is similar to that in the iPad 2 alongside an 8-megapixel camera crammed inside its presumably unibody form factor. Well, here is a new rumor that has started to circulate – we are looking at dual LED flash in the iPhone 5 – although nothing of that sort has been confirmed just yet, but Taiwan-based LED packaging firms Everlight Electronics, Edison Opto and Lite-On Technology have already been speculated to be the most likely suppliers of said dual LED flash since they all do produce this particular smartphone part.
Just how the heck did this rumor come about? Some folks thought so because market reports do point towards Apple reducing its orders for Lumileds high-power LED flash products from Philips recently, having switched orders for LED flashes to Taiwan manufacturers instead. Do you think dual LED flash would be the tipping point for you to purchase an iPhone 5 when it comes out?
Next Story: Hulu Plus starts Android roll out
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-13 iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05 iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28 Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22 Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15 iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]