A large number of cars available on the market today feature rear view cameras that are pretty irreplaceable when it comes to helping drivers reverse their vehicles. It makes parking so much easier and makes sure that drivers don’t hit anything behind them either. Unfortunately a lot of existing cars don’t have this feature, and it costs quite a bit to install. But for owners of the Magellan RoadMate 9055 or 1700 car GPS navigators, we’ve got some good news for you.
Magellan has decided to release a Back-Up Camera designed to work with the RoadMate 9055 and 1700 GPS navigators. Automatically activating when your car goes into reverse gear, it transmits a clear 120-degree rear view from the back of your car right into your GPS device. The Back-Up Camera is both dustproof and waterproof to IP67 standard, so you can be sure that it won’t get damaged by the outdoor conditions. It uses a water resistant (IPX4) transmitter, and wireless receiver to transmit the video to the GPS unit. The Magellan Back-Up Camera is available now for $149.99 (GPS navigators not included).RELATED
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Arrives On BMW And MINI Cooper
- Follow: camera, GPS, magellan, safety,