While it’s been awhile since we’ve heard anything about the Zune HD that was rumored to have been killed, it looks like developers are still creating apps for Microsoft’s answer to the iPod Touch. Matchbox Mobile, custom software and app developer, has just announced the completion of its email client for the Zune HD media player.
In case you’re wondering about Matchbox Mobile, it is the company that was behind the official Facebook and Twitter app for the Zune HD. Working on behalf of Microsoft, the company developed the first Exchange email client for the device. The email client supports not only Windows Live Hotmail, but also Exchange and Gmail. Citing in the press release, creating the email client was no easy task using the Zune XNA SDK which was designed to build games instead of standard apps.
No word on when the app will be released or if it will be part of an update, but it shouldn’t be too long until we get wind of it, since the press release did mention that it was completed. Let us know if you do get your hands on the app.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: email, Microsoft, zune hd,