If you were wondering about what the next version of Windows Phone 7 will be after the Mango update drops, the folks over at DigiTimes seem to have the answer. The industry insider recently reported that the update following Mango will be codenamed Tango, and the one after that will be called Apollo. Apparently Microsoft has already started working on the updates.
Since Microsoft hasn’t made any mention of Tango before, we’ve got no idea what the update will bring. The choice of codename also poses some interesting questions – is there some sort of pattern that Microsoft follows when naming its operating system updates? Can anybody detect a pattern in the names?
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-10-27: Windows Phone Apollo launching mid 2012 according to Nokia's VP
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-08-05: Windows Phone Tango build offers content search (rumor)