Remember a couple of days ago we reported that Anonymous decided to start their own social network, AnonPlus, after they were rather unceremoniously given the boot from Google+? Well as it turns out, just because they’re hackers and know how to exploit security flaws in systems does not mean that they’re impervious themselves. It seems that only just recently did they find their AnonPlus website hacked and defaced.
The hackers who hacked into AnonPlus are a group who refer to themselves as TURKIYE, left a message that read:
“We Are TURKIYE. We Are AKINCILAR.
This logo suits you more..How dare you rise against to the World..Do you really think that you are Ottoman Empire?
We thought you before that you cannot challenge with the world and we teach you cannot be social
Now all of you go to your doghouse..”
Granted that Anonymous aren’t exactly crowd favorites in the eyes of governments and companies, although we’re not sure where all this hacker-on-hacker warfare will lead. We are pretty sure that Anonymous will not take this lying down and will probably lead a retaliation soon. In the mean time, us regular folks will just have to sit by the sidelines and hope that this “war” will not spill over to us.RELATED
- Flickr Goes Down As Yahoo Struggles To Get Mail Up And Running
- Gmail To Display Email Images By Default
- Hilarious Video Pokes Fun At Google's Attempt To Force Google+ Onto Everyone
- Man Slapped With $183,000 Fine For Participating In A DDoS Attack For 1 Minute
- Microsoft Entices Gmail Users To Join Outlook.com Through New Tool
- Follow: anonymous, hackers, hacking,
- Seen at: technolog.msnbc.msn