Playing games on the iPhone is fun, although games that feature virtual buttons and joysticks can be a bit of a buzzkill, since they never actually provide the same kind of feeling that you normally would get from an actual joystick/button. Well it looks like ViviTouch, a company that specializes in advanced haptic feedback solutions, will be teaming up with Mophie, the maker of iPhone battery-life extending cases, to bring you the Pulse.
The Pulse is essentially an iPhone casing, but will also provide haptic feedback, which will is said to let users “feel the difference between hundreds of sensations, not just the one-buzz-fits-all vibration from before.” It also features a pair of stereo speakers built into the casing, which will apparently will boost and enhance the sound from your game or application.
If you think about it, it’s sort of like merging your iOS device with a gaming controller, minus the physical buttons. The device is currently listed as “Coming Soon”, although we’re not sure if many iPhone owners will pick it up. If anything, we’re thinking that the Pulse will be used more as portable stereo speakers for the iPhone, rather than a gaming pad for haptic feedback.
- 2014-01-07: Mophie Space Pack For iPhone Couples External Battery With Additional Storage
- 2013-12-03: Mophie Powerstation XL Announced
- 2013-08-26: Mophie Juice Pack For the Galaxy S4 Starts To Ship
- 2013-05-16: Mophie Juice Pack Plus For iPhone 5
- 2013-05-07: Adobe Introduces Bluetooth Smart Stylus, Ruler Projects
- 2013-04-19: Final List Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Revealed
- 2013-04-02: The AluFrame For The iPhone 5 Is Pretty Classy
- 2013-03-15: Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-01: Logitech Announces Layoffs In Order To Focus On Its Mobile Accessories