If you’re a heavy Foursquare user on the iPhone and wished that there was an easier way to keep track of what’s going on like the website version of the service, you’re in luck. The latest update to Foursquare for iOS adds a new screen to the app – the notification tray. Every time there’s a new activity (i.e. somebody checked in, or comments on your check in), it adds a number to the counter on the top of the app.
If you want to check what’s been going on, just tap the number and the notification tray will pop up showing you all the events that have been happening. A pretty useful feature if you disabled push notifications for your alerts so you don’t have to get spammed by updates, yet you still know what’s been going on.
One interesting thing about this new feature is that it was pushed out to Android devices before it made its way to the iOS platform – pretty strange, considering how Foursquare has always been rolling out its updates to iOS first. Could this be a new trend? Either way, you can head over to the Apple App Store to get the latest version of Foursquare for your iOS device.RELATED
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Follow: app, foursquare, iOS, update,
- Seen at: macgasm.net