Taiwanese site Apple.pro has taken to republishing a blurry photo of what could very well be the iPhone 4S prototype that was originally posted on Weibo – the microblogging service that is somewhat the same as Twitter, save that it is the Chinese version. The images tout that this test model runs on iOS 4.0, where it does resemble the iPhone 4 albeit with a purported 5-megapixel camera according to the diagnostic software. Who are we to believe these days? After all, with the magic of Photoshop, anything is possible these days.
What do you think – is the photo that you see above the real deal? It has been said that the new version of the iPhone, be it a major or minor refresh, will be arriving this September, so there might be a grain of truth to this rumor, although do be ready to take plenty of salt to go along with it.
Some eagle-eyed folks claim that the serial number and iOS version does point towards this being nothing but an earlier iPhone 4 prototype, where the former shows off that the handset was manufactured in the 48th week of 2009. Ah well, move along now, there shouldn’t be much to see after this.
Next Story: Microsoft Windows Phone secret project
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-06-06: iPhone Trade-In Program At Apple Stores May Begin This Month
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5