Is the iPhone arriving in September 5th? According to the latest rumors published by iPhoneItalia, it received news from a “very reliable source” who claims that the next iPhone will be launched on Swisscom’s network in October 5th. Now that’s not the whole story. Apparently the October 5th date is the “rest of the world” date: one month after the US release date which is said to be September 5th. The source of this news? A senior executive at Swisscom (a Swiss carrier).
It’s hard to separate truth from fiction here, but if it’s true, this is the first time we have a definite date for the next iPhone’s release. It lines up nicely with all the previous rumors we’ve heard so far about a September release date (unfortunately in this case it isn’t global). The source also never mentioned if it was going to be the iPhone 5 or 4S (neither of which are confirmed at the moment either). With September a little more than a month away, we should expect some sort of announcement soon if the September 5th release date is to be believed. What do you think?
Next Story: Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 4 as an OTA update
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2011-11-11 iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05 iPhone 5 Experiment goes on
- 2011-09-06 Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-08-29 More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak
- 2011-08-26 iPhone 5 EVT Prototype back cover, audio and volume parts leaked