It looks like Onkyo isn’t the only company announcing a remote control today. Zero1.tv has announced a new remote control device called the VooMote One. Designed to work with more than just a lineup of devices from one brand, the VooMote One turns your iOS iPhone or iPod Touch into a smart universal remote control that should work with most, if not all of your devices in your living room.
The VooMote one is made of a case that fits around the iOS device and an app that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. Once the iPhone/iPod Touch is plugged in and the app is run, it turns the device into a fully functioning universal remote for most TVs, DVD players, stereo systems, and other consumer electronics – eliminating the need for multiple remote controls.
With support for over 30,000 infrared codes and thousands of electronic devices constantly updated – you shouldn’t have any problem setting up the remote to control all the devices in your house. And if the VooMote One doesn’t seem to recognize a device, it can even learn from other remote controls with the “Teach-In” feature! It doesn’t restrict any access to your iPhone, so you’ll be able to use it like you normally would too. The VooMote One will go on sale August 5th for $99 at Zero1.tv’s website and BestBuy.
Next Story: Nintendo 3DS Sales Stopped at Amazon, Now Back
- 2014-04-24 iPod Ad Impressions Are Actually Higher Than BlackBerry And Windows Phone Devices
- 2014-04-24 Windows Phone Overtakes BlackBerry In The US [Report]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2011-12-07 PowerSkin Gaming Skin extends your gaming sessions
- 2011-12-02 Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02 Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02 Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-11-01 GarageBand now available on iPhone and iPod Touch