Keyboard docks and keyboard cases for the iPad have been sprouting up like weeds lately, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing (keyboard cases/docks I mean, not weeds) as it gives us consumers multiple brands to choose from.
The latest offering from ZAGG, makers of the InvisibleSHIELD, is the ZAGGfolio, a multi-functional iPad 2 casing. Multi-functional in the sense that it can be an iPad 2 casing, a keyboard dock, or even an iPad 2 stand.
It’s made out of microfiber lining and it’s designed to look like carbon fiber, and it comes with a removable Bluetooth keyboard which features iPad 2 specific shortcuts, such as volume control, music control, home, search, and copy and paste. It even comes with a 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer that ZAGG claims will provide up to weeks of normal use without charging.
All in all, it sounds like a pretty handy casing, and when closed it could even fool some of your friends into thinking that it is a laptop with the only thing missing would be a mouse. If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, the ZAGGfolio is now available for pre-order at $99.99 on ZAGG’s website with the company estimating the accessory to start shipping come 21st of July.
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-10-21: iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-30: 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22: Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale
- 2011-11-15: G-Form enclosed iPad survives a 1,300 foot drop
- 2011-10-27: ZooGue's Double iPad case for the multitasker
- 2011-08-30: Louis Vuitton foldable iPad cases now available
- 2011-08-24: iLuv Cushion Multi Case for the iPad 2
- 2011-08-05: Belkin unveils Keyboard Folio for iPad 2