When swiping weird patterns to unlock your Android device isn’t enough, perhaps it’s time to up the stakes with biometrics which is what AuthenTec had in mind when they recently released their SDK for fingerprint sensor applications on Android phones.
The new SDK allows developers to do is to create applications around AuthenTec’s smart sensor features such as fingerprint authentication, mobile payment security and user personalization. So if you’re worried about mobile wallets not being secure enough or someone stealing your phone and running up a tab using NFC, perhaps this may help to quell those fears.
The good news for Motorola Atrix owners is that the device is claimed to be the world’s first Android phone to use AuthenTec’s smart sensor, so if you own a Motorola Atrix, perhaps you could be seeing some new biometrics-based security apps start popping up soon.RELATED
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- Follow: Android, apps, Motorola, sdk,
- Seen at: cellular-news