A few months ago, Cablevision released its Optimum app for iPad tablets. It turned the iPad into a very portable cable TV by enabling users to watch live TV, video on demand and more on the tablet. Today, Cablevision has announced that it has introduced a new Optimum app for the iPhone and iPod which allows users to make use of any iOS device to watch cable TV.
In addition to letting users watch cable TV on their devices, the app also enables remote control functionality to the iOS devices. This feature saves users the trouble of having to search for missing remotes (who loses their phones right? Plus you can always make a phone ring, but not a remote). Users can also manage their DVRs, and check out the program guide from the Optimum app.
The latest Optimum app for the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad is available for free in the Apple App Store. And for those of you worried about Cablevision getting into trouble for showing content on devices other than the TV, you don’t have to worry, as the company has clearly stated that it doesn’t deliver content over the internet – in fact, users don’t even need internet access to use Optimum but it isn’t revealed how it works. Cablevision subscribers out there, give the app a whirl and let us know how it works for you.
Next Story: Samsung Convoy 2 is tough as nails
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update
- 2011-12-27: Facebook iPad app to support Timeline next year
- 2011-12-23: iMAME pulled from the Apple App Store
- 2011-12-19: iVigilo Smartcam Pro turns your iOS device into a security camera
- 2011-12-12: Apple Mac App Store hits 100 million downloads