As most of us who follow the tech news (and who write about it for a living) probably know about the rumors that have been circulating about Apple’s next-generation iPhone and its rumored September release. Well it seems that there are already fake iPhone 5s for sale in China and we’re sure that Apple can’t be too pleased about that.
A few days ago we reported about a purported leaked case design that claimed to follow the specs of the iPhone 5 which some have speculated would feature a tapered back, a slimmer body, a bigger display and would also lose the glass backing that is found on the iPhone 4. Now if those design specs are true then these fake iPhone 5’s are probably the closest thing we will get to see of a possible leak of the actual device, unless somebody goes and loses the phone in a bar again.
The back portion of the fake phone looks pretty legit as it even has Apple’s logo along with the various approved symbols. It is apparently on sale for $100 and will not be running on iOS (obviously) but rather a Java-based platform.
Next Story: ViewSonic V3D245 to be launched soon
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-10-26: Gooapple V5 caught on video
- 2011-08-17: What it's like to buy a fake iPhone 5 in China
- 2011-06-09: Gooapple phone combines the best of both worlds
- 2011-04-25: Fake HD7 turns up in China sporting fake Windows Phone 7
- 2011-03-31: In China, Adidas inspires phones