As most of us who follow the tech news (and who write about it for a living) probably know about the rumors that have been circulating about Apple’s next-generation iPhone and its rumored September release. Well it seems that there are already fake iPhone 5s for sale in China and we’re sure that Apple can’t be too pleased about that.
A few days ago we reported about a purported leaked case design that claimed to follow the specs of the iPhone 5 which some have speculated would feature a tapered back, a slimmer body, a bigger display and would also lose the glass backing that is found on the iPhone 4. Now if those design specs are true then these fake iPhone 5’s are probably the closest thing we will get to see of a possible leak of the actual device, unless somebody goes and loses the phone in a bar again.
The back portion of the fake phone looks pretty legit as it even has Apple’s logo along with the various approved symbols. It is apparently on sale for $100 and will not be running on iOS (obviously) but rather a Java-based platform.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: china, fake, iPhone 5, shanzai,
- Seen at: i4u