There’s something with Fujitsu and waterproof devices as it seems that launching a waterproof tablet is not enough. Now it seems that Fujitsu has plans to launch three new handsets on NTT DoCoMo in Japan, and not only are they waterproof, but they will also be incorporating AuthenTec’s AES1750 fingerprint sensor, which also aids in more precise cursor positioning and faster scrolling.
First up will be the docomo PRIME series F-09C, which features a 3.5” rotating touchscreen and a 16.3MP camera capable of shooting full HD movies. Next is the docomo SYTLE series F-10C which is apparently similar to the F-09C but instead features a slimmer body that measures in at only 11.8mm thickness and will come with ‘Prism glass illumination’ and a 12.2MP camera that is also capable of shooting full HD video.
Last but not least, the docomo SMART series F-11C is a 12.8mm device that is aimed at business users due to the fact that the phone comes bundled with a business card reader linked to address book and “whiteboard photo” mode.
As we mentioned earlier, all these devices claim to be waterproof, but unfortunately pricing was not mentioned in the press release, and there was no mention as to what platform it will be running on (Android? Windows Phone 7?), but if you’re in the market for waterproof phones with cameras that sport huge megapixels, you may want to keep an eye out for the devices mentioned above.
Next Story: Google "absolutely committed" to Google TV
- 2014-03-09: Fujitsu Wants To Use Palm Vein Sensors In Place Of Fingerprints
- 2014-02-25: Fujitsu Prototype Tablet Has Haptic Screen Technology
- 2014-02-20: Fujitsu Glove-Style Wearable Device
- 2014-01-17: NTT DOCOMO Changes Stance On Tizen Hardware Availability
- 2014-01-10: iPhone Attributed To NTT DOCOMO's Growth In Subscribers
- 2013-12-20: Fujitsu To Expand Raku Raku's Availability n Europe
- 2013-12-19: Fujitsu Stylistic Q704 Tablet To Arrive In The US For $1,499
- 2011-12-02: NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2011-08-29: Fujitsu "Arrows Tab" is a 10.1" waterproof tablet
- 2010-04-26: Japanese Consortium Looking To New Mobile Platform For Symbian And Linux Smartphones