We do know that electric vehicles are starting to catch on, but there is still the issue of making sure the battery can last for more than 200 miles. Well, Lightning Motorcycles focuses on, as you can tell by its name, motorcycles, and one of their models actually achieved a new land speed record for electric motorcycles, touching 206.079 mph to be the king of the world for electric motorcycles of class APS-Ω.
Of course, the electric motorcycle is not going to hit that kind of speed all by itself, right? This obviously means there is a need for a rider, where Race-Tech’s Paul Thede had the pleasure (and honor) of helping create that new world record. Thede’s 200mph plus speed places him in an elite club of being one of only 65 motorcycles to ever to set a record over the 200mph mark, and on an electric motorcycle to boot!
- 2013-08-19: Stuart Gunn Is World’s Fastest Blind And Disabled Biker With 167.1mph Record
- 2013-06-30: Lightning Electric Motorcycle Comes Up Tops Against Gas-Powered Bikes
- 2013-03-28: Freeride E-Speed Electric Motorcycle
- 2011-10-17: Unchartered 3 hits 4.4 million headshots in 4 days
- 2011-08-16: Lightning Motorcycles hit new land speed record for electric bikes
- 2011-07-22: Sony kills off 8mm video support
- 2011-04-13: OWLE Bubo turns your iPhone into a decent handheld camera
- 2011-04-01: 3DS Sells 113,000 units in the UK, Beats old Nintendo Records
- 2009-09-16: Mission One electric motorcycle
- 2010-01-27: Wireless data transfer record smashed