When Microsoft announced that gaming would be a big part of Windows Phone, people wondered about how Xbox Live on the mobile operating system would interact with their Xbox 360 consoles. Well, today at GameFest, the company gave a demonstration about how they would go about bridging the two platforms with its upcoming game for kids – Kinectimals.
Through the use of QR codes, gamers could transfer their animals between the Xbox 360 and Windows Phone. If a user would like to bring their pet along with them when they go out – they can just scan the QR code with the Kinectimals app, which will then generate the very same animal on the phone so they’ll always have it with them on the go. While on the phone, players can even add the pets to photographs they take, which sounds like pretty good fun.
The app on the phone can then generate a QR code which can be scanned with the Kinect to bring the pet back into the Xbox 360. Any changes (i.e. accessories added to the animal) on the phone will be reflected on the Xbox 360 version. Check out a video of this technology in action, thanks to the folks at Geekwire.RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- iFruit App For Windows Phone 8 Now Available
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, windows phone, windows phone 7, wp, wp7, xbox 360,
- Seen at: geekwire