Not long after we reported about Logitech slashing prices for the Revue, it’s been reported that Sony will be giving its Google TV-powered HDTVs price cuts too, and these aren’t minor discounts, with some models dropping in price by over 50%. Talk about pushing the Google TV to the masses. According to Sony, these price cuts don’t signify the arrival of better models coming soon – they just want to capture more market with these TVs.
Here’s a rundown of the new prices for Sony’s Google-TV enabled HDTVs:
24″: $295 (from $600)
32″: $498 (from $800)
40″: $723 (from $1000)
46″: $961 (from $1400)
Those are some massive savings, especially on the 24″ model. Unfortunately for early adopters, it doesn’t look like Sony will be offering any compensation to make up for the price cuts.
Next Story: iPhone 5 unboxing is a fake
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-06-09 Voice Search Coming To Sony Google TV Set-Top Box
- 2013-01-04 Google TV Plans To Make A Big Return At CES With More Partners
- 2012-06-24 Sony NSZ-GS7 set-top box arriving July 22nd, sports Google TV
- 2012-04-03 Sony to Launch Google TV Set-Top-Boxes in September
- 2012-02-20 Sony Google TV now rooted by GTV Hacker