While we’re guessing that this piece of news won’t exactly sway Android or iOS users over to Windows Phone 7, it certainly is good news for those who currently own WP7 handsets. Come August 10th two new Xbox Live games will be making their way over to the Windows Phone 7 platform, and the best part is that they will be free!
The games in question will be Minesweeper and Sodoku, which aren’t exactly groundbreaking, but I guess that while there are plenty of other Minesweeper and Sodoku games out there, these titles are considered to be the “official” version.
While they are considered to be free, they will be ad-driven in the sense that they will come loaded up with a Bing search bar in its interface. Granted that Bing does a pretty good job as a search engine, we don’t think that WP7 users will mind terribly. The games will also be designed in the same Metro UI look used by WP7 which makes the overall look pretty consistent with the rest of the phone.
Interestingly enough the games will also feature powerups and achievements, although for games like Minesweeper and Sodoku we’re not sure how much powerups and achievements will matter. If you’re interested in getting your hands on these games, they will be available from Marketplace come 10th of August.RELATED
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- iFruit App For Windows Phone 8 Now Available
- King Of Fighters 97 Hit The Android Scene
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Follow: apps, Microsoft, windows phone 7, xbox live,
- Seen at: wpcentral