We all know what a worldwide phenomenon Angry Birds is at the moment, and I am afraid that eventually Angry Birds might be the downfall of Rovio. After all, Motorola was in the doldrums after the immensely successful RAZR line of phones, making them a victim of their own success. But I digress – in a recent study that was conducted, it was realized that male gamers are 35% more likely to go for the paid version after giving the free version a trial, compared to female gamers.
Market research firm Ask Your Target Market (AYTM) was the one who carried out the 1,000-person survey, where it specifically targeted the spending habits of Angry Birds players. If you’re a male who falls under the 18-24 years old category, you are the most likely to convert, being 29% more so compared to those who are over 25, and 32% more likely than 18-24 year old females. Good luck persuading a female over 25 to convert – they are the lowest converting demographic.
I guess there is a reason for this – while girlfriends go shopping and spend hours looking for the perfect dress, what do you expect us guys to do? We unlock Golden Eggs, that’s what!RELATED
- Bill Gates Appear In South Park Xbox One-PS4 Episode
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- World Of Warcraft Patch 5.4.2 Now Available For Testing
- PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release
- Follow: angry birds, rovio,
- Seen at: gamasutra