Brace yourselves for a new slew of cyber attacks from hacktivist group Anonymous as they have just announced in a press release that the collective and “other cyber liberation groups” will “peacefully yet forcefully” protest all over the United States of America. Touting September 24 to be a nationwide “Day Of Vengence” (no idea on whether they will be wearing Guy Fawkes masks while behind a computer screen), this particular movement will happen in dozens of cities across the US, at high noon no less for that added bit of drama. I must say, the poster itself that you see above is bad enough to scare the heebie jeebies out of me, but rest assured, if this is true, then their handiwork is much more to be feared than the poster.
Said statement mentioned that a “series of cyber attacks against various targets including Wall Street, Corrupt Banking Institutions – and the NYC Police Department” will be launched, so you can’t say that our authorities do not have enough advanced warning to put up their proper defense mechanisms in place.
Do you think that this is a real and credible threat that needs to be dealt with soonest possible, or is it just empty and trash talking?
- 2013-10-27: 12 Year Old Anonymous Hacker Pleads Guilty, Was In It For Video Games
- 2013-07-03: AT&T Plans On Selling Anonymous Customer Data
- 2013-05-07: Anonymous Threatens To Wipe U.S "Off The Cybermap"
- 2013-04-15: Anonymous Hacks Into North Korean Websites Again
- 2013-04-04: Anonymous Hacks North Korean Social Networks As Part Of 'Operation Free Korea'
- 2012-08-15: Anonymous claims PSN breach, 10M accounts allegedly accessed
- 2012-02-10: CIA website hacked by Anonymous
- 2011-08-07: #Antisec hackers release 10GB of law enforcement data
- 2011-08-01: Anonymous leaks details of 7,000 law enforcement officers