If you’ve signed up to be a beta tester for Diablo 3, I would keep an eye on my inbox over the next few days if I were you – Blizzard has announced that the closed beta test for its highly anticipated game begins today and it has begun issuing invites to selected participants. The first wave of invites has been sent out with more to come in the near future. This crucial phase of the game’s development shows that we’re one step closer to the game’s release – but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be anytime soon.
Beta testers will get to enjoy the game before anybody else, but they will also be essential to helping Blizzard weed out all the bugs and issues found in the game before it is released to the public. Here’s what Blizzard’s CEO, Mike Morhaime had to say:
“This closed beta test is an important milestone for us as we enter the final stages of development on Diablo III. Our goal is to create the best action role-playing game experience to date, building on everything we’ve learned since the release of Diablo II and incorporating the powerful features of the new Battle.net(R) platform. We hope players enjoy participating in the beta test and we look forward to hearing their feedback.”
The Diablo 3 beta will be in English-only, though the final version of the game will be localized and released in multiple languages. Still no details on pricing or a release date, but hey – at least Blizzard delivered its promise about the beta arriving in September. If you do get to take part in the beta, let us know how it goes!
- 2014-04-09 Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25 Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24 Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2011-09-23 Diablo 3 beta invitation email phishing scam
- 2011-09-21 Diablo 3 plays well with a gamepad
- 2011-09-13 Diablo 3 Skill Calculator now online
- 2011-09-07 Diablo 3 public beta is "very close"
- 2011-08-04 Diablo 3 beta to be released before September ends?