Much like our smartphones, our laptops require some form of protection too. Granted people probably worry more about their smartphones/tablets than their laptops, but for those running MacBooks with the aluminum unibody, Grove has just announced Bamboo Backs for the MacBook.
If the company sounds familiar, it’s because they created similar casings for the iPhone and iPad, also made out of bamboo, and it looks like they have extended that range over to laptops, or more specifically, the MacBook. They come in sizes that will cover just about every MacBook available at the moment – 11”, 13”, 15” and 17” and they measure a barely noticeable 0.035” thick.
It’s a pretty classy looking design and it even features a variety of cut out logos that you can choose from, so that when the Apple logo on the back of your MacBook lights up, it will illuminate the logo, which we think is pretty cool. They even do custom designs, but for for those of you content with just the logos available, they start at $29. Based on the information off Grove’s website, the Bamboo Backs will start shipping in 1-2 weeks. Head on down to their website to check out the rest of the logos (and maybe place your order).
- 2014-04-09 Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12 Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18 Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13 Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2011-12-14 Proporta and Ted Baker unveil new smartphone casings
- 2011-12-08 Dodocase for the Kindle Fire now available
- 2011-12-06 Mofone iPhone case allows for a better grip, may cause weird looks
- 2011-12-02 Yves Saint Laurent iPad case is luxurious
- 2011-08-18 Incase reveals new Andy Warhol case designs for iPhone, iPad and MacBook