We had previously reported that Google and Intel had made a joint announcement saying that prototypes of Android devices powered by Intel already existed, and that Google would attempting to optimized Android for Intel’s architecture. Now if the idea of Intel powered Android devices sounds like something you’d be extremely interested in, HTC may have something for you.
The rumors are saying that HTC has been preparing an Intel-powered Android device that could be shown at next year’s CES or MWC, which is pretty soon considering that we’re already reaching the end of 2011. It seems that the rumors have been based off how Intel personnel were reportedly walking around the IDF floor with Intel-powered HTC prototype smartphones running on Gingerbread 2.3.
There’s one big question that everyone is asking, and like we asked in our report from IDF, what will the power consumption be like? Some are speculating that if HTC were to reveal an Intel-powered Android device, due to power consumption, it may be a tablet instead of a smartphone, but since CES and MWC aren’t that far, I guess we will have to wait and see!RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Microsoft Approached Samsung And Huawei About Dual-Booting Windows Phone/Android Devices [Rumor]
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- Nokia Tablet Rumored For End September Announcement, Phablet Pegged For November
- Follow: Android, ces 2012, HTC, intel, mwc 2012, processors, Tablet,
- Seen at: pocketnow