Looking for proof that the iPhone 5 is actually real? Well here is a photo that is supposedly from the iPhone 5. The photo was originally discovered by PocketNow and the reason that they believe this is a test photo captured from the iPhone 5 is thanks to the photo’s EXIF data.
For those unfamiliar, EXIF data basically contains information about the image, such as the image format, size, resolution, shutter speed, aperture, brand, model, time, date and so on. Based on the EXIF data uncovered in the photo, it appears that the photo was taken by an iPhone 4 but it was cropped. The original size of the image is apparently 3264×2448, pretty close to 8MP which is rumored megapixels of the next-generation iPhone.
9to5 Mac has also discovered that the photo was posted by an Anton D’Auria, an Apple software engineer who worked on Safari and WebKit for iOS. Apart from the megapixels, it seems that the lens used was recorded as a 4.3mm f/2.4 as opposed to the iPhone 4’s 3.85mm f/2.8. However considering that there are rumors of a possible budget iPhone 4s, it would not be a stretch to think that perhaps this test photo was taken from the 4s and not the iPhone 5.
What do you guys think? Could this really be a test photo from the iPhone 4s/5?
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-10-04 T-Mobile preps staff on how to combat iPhone enquiries
- 2011-09-27 iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-21 Did Al Gore just confirm the next iPhone?
- 2011-09-20 Leaked A5 chip appears to be from the iPhone 4S
- 2011-08-29 More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak