We reported yesterday that a photo of Apple’s A5 processor on a new mainboard had surfaced, and due to the photo showing only the A5 processor, it was speculated that perhaps it could be the much talked about redesigned iPhone 5, as opposed to a souped up version of the iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S. Now more photos have surfaced and for those hoping for a redesigned iPhone 5, you may be in for a disappointment.
As you can see from the photo above, the A5 chip that’s connected to the mainboard is also attached to what appears to be the screen of the iPhone 4, or perhaps the iPhone 4S if you’d rather. To be fair, for all we know there could be an iPhone 5 although oddly enough all the recent leaks have pointed to an iPhone 4-based based, so if you’re really hoping for a redesigned iPhone 5 this year, perhaps you shouldn’t get your hopes up too high.
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2011-10-04: T-Mobile preps staff on how to combat iPhone enquiries
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-21: Did Al Gore just confirm the next iPhone?
- 2011-09-07: iPhone 5 test photo surfaces?
- 2011-08-29: More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak