It appears that even with the purported launch of Apple’s next-generation somewhere around an imaginary corner, the rumors just can’t seem to stop and strangely enough no one can pinpoint exactly what Apple’s plans are, although we suppose given Apple’s trademark secrecy, we shouldn’t be too surprised. However according to AppleInsider who just received some photos, we could be looking at some parts belonging to the iPhone 4S.
In case you haven’t been following the iPhone 4S/5 news, the iPhone 4S is supposed to be a budget version of the iPhone 4, with rumors claiming it will only sport 8GB of internal storage (as opposed to the 16GB base model of the iPhone 4) and will largely resemble the iPhone 4 in terms of looks, with a possible bump in processor and camera, but otherwise remaining more or less the same.
According to the photos that AppleInsider received, the parts were supposedly supplied from somewhere in Shenzhen, China, with the supplier stating that there will be no iPhone 5 this year, but rather the iPhone 4S instead. Based on the looks of the parts, which consists of the front glass panel, the home button, the camera housing, it does not appear to be any changes in design, with photos of the home button looking very much like its predecessors.
Once again, with all rumors and purported leaks, it’s best taken with a grain of salt, and we’re sure that in good time all will be revealed.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2012-01-12: Thousands line up for the iPhone 4S launch in China
- 2011-11-08: Apple might give China Mobile's TD-SCDMA iPhone a pass
- 2011-11-08: China Unicom looking to bring in iPhone 4S by end of the year
- 2011-11-01: Lenovo S2 Windows Phone photos leaked
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?