According to a report from Digitimes, it looks like Nokia is on track to releasing its Windows Phone devices by the end of this year. Qualcomm has been reported to have started shipping baseband chips to Nokia and Samsung for them to build their latest Windows Phones. This report corroborates with Nokia’s statement about having “increased confidence” regarding its first Windows Phone device shipping this year.
We’re two days away from October, which means we should see the first Nokia WP7 phone within the next few months. I’m also pretty sure that Nokia would want to take advantage of the holiday season to boost sales of the phone as well. Anyone looking forward to pick up a Nokia WP7 device?
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2011-12-09: Nokia Lumia 710 goes on sale today
- 2011-12-08: Nokia and T-Mobile event on December 14th
- 2011-11-16: New Nokia Windows Phone render leaked on video
- 2011-11-16: Nokia Snake makes a comeback
- 2011-11-15: Nokia and deadmau5 to illuminate London for Windows Phone