Electric bikes are handy, especially for those who prefer not pedaling all the way to work and reach all sweaty in the process. Now, if you weren’t a fan of e-bikes back then, perhaps this e-bike concept by Ford may cool enough to convert you.
Apart from its very sleek and elegant design, what makes this e-bike different from the rest is that as you can somewhat see, attached to the front of the bike is a Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. We’re guessing that pretty much any smartphone will do the trick, but in this case it looks like Ford has decided to go with the Galaxy S2.
On first impressions you wouldn’t be wrong to assume that this is just an e-bike with a smartphone mounted on the handlebars – in fact apart from a couple of features, it does what most mounted smartphones does. It will allow you to take calls, update your Facebook status, check your Twitter feed, listen to music, watch movies (not recommended) and of course, use your smartphone as a satnav with Google Maps (or any other similar app).
What separates this concept from your typical vehicle mount is that through your smartphone, you will be able to change the bike’s suspension on the fly depending on the terrain you’re currently on. Through your mounted smartphone, you will also be able to check how much battery your e-bike has left. Granted they’re not the most mind-blowing concepts or features, but it’s a pretty interesting start.
The bike itself comes with an electric motor that is capable of reaching a top speed of 25kmph and is powered by a 9.2Ah battery. Unfortunately there is no word if Ford plans to actually create a bike like this, but perhaps the concept and some of its features will start making its way into future e-bikes, but for now we can only dream of the possibilities.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2013-04-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100P, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Start To Receive Android Jelly Bean
- 2012-07-20: Galaxy S3 to get Jelly Bean soon, Galaxy S2 in testing?
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-21: Samsung Galaxy S2 ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2012-04-20: Android 4.0 update arriving on unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2s in the US