The next “Nexus” phone, that’s been rumored to be built by Samsung and called the Nexus Prime has been rumored to have been spotted by the folks over at The Droid Guy. They claimed that at the Verizon Developer’s conference today, they stumbled upon a Samsung worker who was using an Android phone that they couldn’t recognize. They talked to him and managed to convince the guy to show them the phone.
According to The Droid Guy, the phone resembled the Nexus S, except that it was taller and a bit thicker – which was presumably for the LTE radio. The phone also packed an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front facing camera. It features only a single “home”-like button on the bottom of the phone (similar to the Galaxy Note), and has a power button and volume rocker on the sides. As for the phone’s internals, it will pack a TI dual-core OMAP processor. While it wasn’t running Ice Cream Sandwich today, it will be at launch.
The phone is also said to be available in both GSM and CDMA flavors, with the Verizon version arriving first in late October or early November, while the rest of the carriers will get it later. Apparently Verizon might be calling the phone DROID Prime while the other carriers will be selling it as the Nexus Prime. As usual, no photographs were allowed, so we’ll just have to take their word for it – at least until we get official details. What are your thoughts on the Nexus/DROID Prime? Are you excited about the phone?
Next Story: Samsung "Green" DDR3 Memory Modules
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2011-10-21 Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-21 Sprint Galaxy Nexus coming soon?
- 2011-10-18 Galaxy Nexus appears on Samsung website
- 2011-09-20 Mysterious poem drops hints about the Nexus Prime
- 2011-08-26 Samsung Nexus Prime receives WiFi certification