Samsung has a new Slate PC Series 7 officially – just don’t confuse it with the Series 7 CHRONOS, where this particular model will skirt the boundaries of a tablet and a notebook in a super slim device – measuring just 12.9mm thin while tipping the scales at a mere 860 grams. Underneath the hood lies an Intel Core i5 processor with Windows 7 as the operating system of choice.
The 11.6” display will serve its purpose well, and if you decide to hook up the Slate PC Series 7 to a docking station, you will have the slate function as a desktop, thanks to the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It really depends on the situation on where and how you want to use the Slate PC, since you can choose from many input methods such as the touch screen keyboard or digital pen.
Other hardware specifications include an integrated microphone, dual 2-megapixel (front) and 3-megapixel (rear) cameras, a USB port, Wi-Fi, WiMAX and HSPA connectivity. With Samsung’s FastStart technology, booting up the SLATE PC Series 7 is a breeze, taking all of 2 seconds to wake up, or 15 seconds in a cold boot. Expect it to retail for around $1,099 a pop. [Press Release]
Next Story: Xbox 360 claimed to be permanently hacked
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]