There have been several rumors in the past that has suggested that Sprint will be one of the carriers getting their hands on the next-generation iPhone from Apple. While it has not been mentioned if the carrier would be getting the iPhone 4S or the iPhone 5, there has been evidence to suggest that Sprint will be getting the iPhone.
Speaking recently at an event sponsored by Goldman Sachs, Sprint’s CEO Dan Hesse has somehow managed to dance his way around the rumors of the carrier getting the iPhone 4S/5. He responded to the rumors by saying “If we get it–if–we may have to adjust our guidance for that.” He even went as far as saying that their existing financial guidance has not factored in the iPhone 4S/5, alluding it to being a “rumored” device.
His refusal to either confirm nor deny the carrier getting their hands on the iPhone seems to suggest that Sprint will be getting the device, or so many are taking to hoping that’s what it means. Dan Hesse even commented that the iPhone was one of the reasons that Sprint was losing customers to other carriers such as AT&T and Verizon, who only recently landed themselves the CDMA version of the iPhone 4.
Interestingly, Verizon’s CEO Lowell McAdams mentioned that two years prior to them landing the iPhone 4, there were rumors that suggested they would be getting the device, which goes to show that perhaps these rumors are best taken with a grain of salt and that Sprint users probably shouldn’t get their hopes up too high.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-06-23 Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2011-09-06 Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-05-13 Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?