Today, Western Digital is introducing its WD 2go Pro mobile app for its My Book Live personal cloud storage solution. My Book Live drive is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) that connects to the home network remotely accessible from inside or outside the house.
Users can remote access to the My Book Live from any computer over the internet through www.WD2go.com, or from the free WD 2go or the WD 2go Pro apps available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touchor Android mobile devices.
People can share a broad range files on the My Book Live, and access them remotely from the WD 2 go app. It features WD’s second generation of remote access technologies that uses peer-to-peer connection between the storage drive and PCs or mobile devices, for maximum speed.
WD 2go Pro app feature highlights:
- Users can clip files, photos, songs, videos or folders to download a copy from the My Book Live drive to a mobile device, access is possible even without an Internet connection.
- Private sharing of files with friends , family or colleagues
- Automatic sync: New or modified files added to the My Book Live automatically sync to mobile devices.
- Content sharing: allows users to email files, share files as a link, print and open files with third party apps.
- Additional security: 4 digit pass code for locking the mobile access to the My Book Live drive
- 2013-10-02: Western Digital’s My Cloud Makes Network Storage Easy
- 2011-12-20: Western Digital TV Live now supports VUDU and other services
- 2011-09-22: Western Digital introduces My Passport Studio and My Passport for Mac
- 2011-09-13: WD 2go Pro Mobile App for Personal Cloud
- 2011-07-20: Western Digital Scorpio Blue packs quite a punch
- 2011-06-22: Pogoplug becomes pure software, opens DIY floodgates
- 2010-10-05: Western Digital does not want to lose out on external drive race, launches 3TB monster
- 2010-10-26: WD TV Live Hub With 1TB HDD Introduced