Sick and tired of all the default tones and message alerts that come with your iPhone? Well, we’ve got some great news for you. Apple seems to have recognized the fact that people want new tones for their phones and has made it possible to buy custom alert tones from the iTunes app on your iOS device with the introduction of iOS 5. No longer are you limited to having the same tones that every iPhone user around you seems to have because you can now fork out money for high quality alternatives.
While a bit pricey, these high quality alert tones from Apple are guaranteed to work and hassle free to use on your iOS devices. Alerts will cost $0.99 each; while ringtones will set you back $1.29. Just launch the iTunes app, hit Genres, and select Tones to check out what’s on sale. You can be sure more Tones will be made available in the future.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-23: 2007 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl OST Hits iTunes
- 2013-12-09: Let Your Favorite Tunes Wake You Up With Pandora For iOS
- 2013-02-28: iTunes U Surpasses 1 Billion Download Mark
- 2011-12-27: iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-12-22: iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2011-10-11: iTunes 10.5 available now