Heads up Blackberry users in the Europe, Middle East and Africa, it looks like RIM is facing some technical issues which might be able to explain why you are having issues accessing certain features on your phones. This seems to have been confirmed by a variety of carriers in those particular regions, such as T-Mobile UK, Vodafone Egypt and Batelco in Bahrain.
Since this appears to be a RIM issue, users should still be able to make phone calls and send out regular text messages, but we’re guessing that retrieving emails and sending out BBMs might prove to be a bit of a problem, at least for now.
There has been no word from RIM on when they might be able to get this issue sorted out, but for now given their somewhat precarious position in the smartphone market, such occurrences shouldn’t even be happening in the first place. The good news for corporate users of Blackberry devices is that if your company has BES up and running, this outage seems to have not affected it.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: africa, bbm, blackberry, europe, RIM,
- Seen at: telegraph