D-Link, a name that is synonymous with quality networking devices and peripherals, have just announced a bunch of new mini adapters that will cater for PowerLine 200Mbps speeds – and they are the PowerLine AV Mini Adapter (DHP-310AV), the PowerLine AV Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-311AV), and the PowerLine AV 4-Port Switch Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-348AV).
Regardless of which solution you pick up, they will automatically turn a home’s existing electrical wiring into a high-speed home network. Basically, it does not get any better than this, where PowerLine technology will be able to consistently deliver a high-performance, reliable and secure wireless signal all over the home, making it useful to hook up a desktop, laptop or wired entertainment device at places which are hard to reach, including homes or small offices that have plenty of concrete walls.
If you have plenty of devices around the place and want to adopt a PowerLine configuration, the costs can add up quickly, so do your homework beforehand before settling on a purchase decision. The PowerLine AV Mini Adapter, PowerLine AV Mini Adapter Starter Kit and PowerLine AV 4-Port Switch Mini Adapter Starter Kit will retail for $59.99, $109.99 and $129.99, respectively. [Press Release]
Next Story: Touch-sensitive robots coming your way soon
- 2013-01-07: EnGenius Powerline Media Adapter Kits Announced
- 2012-03-13: DLNA approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline networking
- 2011-10-25: D-Link has new mini adapters for PowerLine 200Mbps needs
- 2011-08-02: ZyXEL PLA4205 500Mbps Powerline Adapter
- 2011-05-25: D-Link DAP-1513 Wireless N Dual Band MediaBridge
- 2011-05-04: D-Link DWR-530 portable wireless hotspot seen at the FCC
- 2011-04-19: D-Link MainStage WiDi TV adapter arrives at the FCC
- 2011-02-08: FCC approves of Samsung CY-SWR1100 dual-band wireless N router
- 2011-01-05: TRENDnet TPL-402E 500Mbps Powerline AV adapter with Bonus Outlet
- 2010-10-20: Boxee Box to ship from November 10th onwards