DirecTV subscribers with iPad tablets are in for a treat. The iOS app for the iPad has just been given a significant update which adds a much requested feature to the app: live streaming capabilities. All you need is to be on the same network as your DirecTV receiver, and you’re good to go – the iPad turns into a portable TV that you can bring anywhere without having to break a sweat. At the moment, not every channel is available via the app, but popular channels such as CNN, Fox News, FX, Discovery and more are available.
In addition to live TV streaming capabilities, the update lets you change start and end times of a recording if you think it needs adjusting, and there’s an option to set parental controls on your receiver from the iPad itself. The app is free and available now from the Apple App Store.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update