What do you think of when you envision the future? Electric cars that are super efficient that the world’s energy crisis is already solved? How about electric bicycles that offer far more than what current models deliver? The Faraday electric bicycle concept that you see above was specially constructed for the Oregon Manifest design competition, where ideas factory Ideo decided to work hand in hand, or should we say wheel with wheel with bike builders Rock Lobster Cycles.
It might seem like any other bicycle from the outside, but all the futuristic settings have been hidden within the frame, including parallel top tubes that hold a series of lithium-ion batteries that will send power to the front-hub motor, and all of those are controlled from the green box located right under the seat cluster. A couple of prongs located up in front function as built-in headlights, while the base holds a modular racking system so that you are able to swap out different carrying mechanisms like a trunk or child seat with the pop of a bolt.
It will take some time before this concept becomes reality – lets hope that it happens sooner rather than later.
Next Story: Solar-powered I-Slate tablets arriving in 2012
- 2013-08-12 Rubbee Easy Electric Bike Conversion Gadget
- 2012-09-17 Neo Volt folding electric bicycle
- 2012-01-30 Boxx electric bicycle sets futuristic precedent
- 2011-11-14 Prius X Parlee bicycle concept does a Professor X
- 2011-07-22 INgSOC concept bicycle is drop dead gorgeous
- 2011-02-28 Eco-Delivery Electric Bikes make your pizza business greener
- 2011-02-04 Panasonic electric bikes to help the elderly
- 2010-09-07 Electric bike doubles up as trolley case