iOS 5 isn’t even out for a full 24 hours and the iPhone Dev Team managed to roll out a jailbroken (tethered) iOS 5 that caters for the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, both iPads, and the iPod touch (3rd and 4th generations, of course). Needless to say, the jailbreak will not work with the iPhone 4S at the moment simply because they do not have the smartphone in their hands to give it a go. Despite the fact that different iOS 5 beta versions have been jailbroken prior to today’s announcement, this is a confirmation for fresh installers.
Bear in mind that you ought to make a backup of all your data before jailbreaking your device, and since this is the tethered version, you will need to hook it up to a computer that runs Redsn0w eac time you turn on your device. You might need to restore to a previous backup should you want to install an untethered jailbreak when it rolls out.
Anyone given it a go yet, and did you run into any issues?RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: ios 5, jailbreak,
- Seen at: redmondpie