Good news for those living in the US and who own LG phones! The South Korean based company has announced that they will be bringing their premium paid app service for users in the US, which seems to follow in the footsteps of the successful launch of a similar service in the UK back in July.
Basically LG’s premium paid app service, which can be accessed through LG SmartWorld, is LG’s version of Android Market, with the exception that it appears to cater exclusively to LG phones only, which means that this is a feature you will be able to brag to your other non-LG using friends. It will also come installed as a home screen widget for your LG Android phones, allowing for quick access and easier navigation.
“Our goal with the addition of paid premium apps is to make LG SmartWorld a seamless gateway to the best content currently available for our Android smartphones,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “With the expansion of our premium app service on LG SmartWorld, we are continuing to broaden customers’ access to higher quality content and apps.”
There are a variety of games and other apps available in the LG SmartWorld store, so if you’re living in the US and own an LG Android smartphone, head on down to the website to see what sort of goodies will you be able to have access to.
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2011-04-04 Android Fragmentation: a real problem, developers say
- 2010-01-18 LG Intouch Max GW620 announced
- 2010-12-15 LG Optimus 2X launched, in Korea