One of the most popular security apps for Android phones (also available on BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone), Lookout, has finally made its way over to iOS. And just like its name implies, this multi-purpose app looks out for your phone. Lookout for iOS devices can inform users if their apps are up to date, let them know if they are connected to an unsecure WiFi network, create backups of the phone, and function as a missing phone locator.
While it seems like a third party alternative to MobileMe or iCloud’s Find My Phone service – it doesn’t have the ability to lock the phone or wipe it remotely. The iOS version of the app also doesn’t feature malware protection, but seeing how the closed ecosystem should remain malware-free, it’s not much of a problem.
Lookout works on multiple devices, with a central dashboard that lets you handle all of them from one place. It is available from the Apple App Store now for free.RELATED
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- iPhone Launch On China Mobile Might Add $10 Billion In Yearly Apple Revenue
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- Follow: app, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, security,
- Seen at: blog.mylookout