It looks like Nokia has more to announce than just Windows Phone devices at Nokia World 2011 tomorrow. It looks like the company will be unveiling a new Symbian device at the event as well. The folks over at engadget managed to catch some Nokia reps unpacking some boxes containing an unnamed Nokia device. The model number of the device has been covered up, but judging by its looks and tagline, it is speculated to be the Nokia 303 – a low-end 240 6th Edition Touch-and-Type device.
Not much is known about it except for its QWERTY keyboard, it carries WiFi and 3G connectivity, has social functions and will come in at least two colors – red and gray. The presence of the WhatsApp icon also suggests that the phone is going to come with the app. While the phone should be announced tomorrow, don’t expect to see it on this side of the world. After all, Nokia has clearly stated in the past that it won’t be releasing Symbain phones in the US anymore, but then again I doubt a lot of people here are pining for one anyway. Stay tuned for more details from Nokia World 2011 tomorrow.
Next Story: Slide to Unlock Patent Goes to... Apple
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-01-02: Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07: Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-06-12: Nokia To Make Last Shipments Of Symbian Devices This Summer
- 2013-04-24: Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2013-01-24: RIP Symbian On Nokia