Samsung has announced that Samsung Apps, the world’s first, and the company’s first HDTV-based app store, has surpassed the 10 million mark for number of downloads in addition to crossing the 1,000 registered apps milestone. While it’s nothing when compared to app stores like the Android Market and Apple App Store, it’s still a noticeable achievement for Samsung, which only opened the app store in February last year. As of today, Samsung Apps averages 50,000 downloads per day.
To celebrate the occasion Samsung released a video showing off its Samsung Apps TV achievements, check it out after the break. How many of you own Samsung HDTVs and how often do you download new apps on the TV?
Next Story: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2011-10-17: Samsung launches ChatON for Android globally
- 2011-05-24: Samsung Smart TV Apps surpasses 5 million downloads
- 2010-12-01: 1 Million Apps Downloaded From Samsung Apps HDTV Store