Sony’s upcoming official 3D display for the PlayStation, was unveiled at this year’s E3 in June and then later revealed to have a November 2nd release date for Japan. If you were wondering what about the US or the rest of the world? Well, Sony has just announced that its PlayStation 3D display will be available on November 13th 2011, which should be in time for the holiday shopping season.
In addition to announcing the release date of the 3D display Sony also posted up a FAQ on its official blog. If you purchase the display (which has an MSRP of $499.99) you’ll get the 3D display, one pair of 3D glasses, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and an HDMI cable. “All you need to do is hook up your PS3 system and you’re ready to go.”
The FAQ also provides a lot of details about the display’s technical specifications. It will support Active 3D at the highest resolution, carry two HDMI 1.4 inputs, one component cable input, and a stereo headphone out. It has a refresh rate of 240Hz and makes use of Edge LED backlighting for improved contrast and brightness. The FAQ also provides more information about SimulView: two player gaming on the same display. Those of you planning to buy the TV should head to the source link to check it out for yourself.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-10-22 PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-07-26 Sony Compares PS4 With Launch PS3 To Show How Slim It Really Is [Video]
- 2013-07-09 New Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Video Compares SD Version
- 2011-09-06 Sony 3D PlayStation TV arrives in Japan this November
- 2010-04-21 PS3 3.30 Mandatory System Update On Its Way To Prep Your Console For 3D Gaming